|Company description |
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
|Job summary |
The Red Hat sales team is seeking a sales engineer to join us as a Solutions Architect. In this position, you'll be the frontline catalyst creating possibilities, solving problems, and establishing working relationships with customers. You will help our customers invest wisely in an infrastructure that gives them maximum flexibility in the future, allowing them to run faster and more efficiently. This requires a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, a thorough understanding of business processes, and an ability to identify and create business solutions across multiple technology platforms at the enterprise level. As a Solutions Architect, you will need excellent communication and people skills, because you'll be a crucial part of the first in-depth experience our customers have with Red Hat.
|Primary job responsibilities |
- Discover and analyze customers' business and technical needs
- Collaborate with the sales and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the most efficient solutions
- Architect, design, and present multi-product solutions to customers
- Support the sales team with recommendations for development and implementation of complex products and solutions that result in the achievement of sales quotas
- Meet revenue goals, deployment, and service objectives while sustaining good relationships with prospects and customers
- Prepare detailed product specifications and implement customer installation plans
|Required skills |
- 5+ years as a sales engineer, consultant, IT architect, or an equivalent role with enterprise accounts
- 5+ years experience with UNIX or Linux system administration, integration, or development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of developing relationships at engineering and executive levels
- Ability to interpret customers' business and technical needs
- Understanding of complex enterprise solutions and architectures
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about open source technologies and community-based development
- Willingness to travel 50%
- Red Hat Certified Solutions Architect (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.