Business Analyst - Global Subscription Renewals
Job ID: 38372
|Company description |
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
|Job summary |
We're looking for an experienced Business Analyst with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, systems and processes to facilitate, evaluate, and analyse, renewal business to meet business requirements. Performing trend analysis is a key function of the role.
People with these skills can work anywhere. They choose Red Hat because they can do the most good here. It's all about making an impact and being proud of the work you do.
|Primary job responsibilities |
- Facilitate discussions with global representatives to clarify business requirements, identify implications of the request, resolve design conflicts between groups, and determine priority based on impact
- Analyze data sets in order to solve business problems, test accuracy of data sets, and data mining
- Provide guidance to business teams based on impacts of requested changes and enhancements
- Serve as primary point of contact for technical teams as they design and test the requested changes
- Coordinate UAT activities across multiple business and technical teams
- Evaluate existing business processes and systems to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and consistency
- Participate in problem resolution discussions and workshops
- Ability to work extended hours during periods of high demand
- Analyze data related to business processes, and create reporting and metrics (KPI)
|Required skills |
- 4+ years experience as a Business Analyst supporting operations in a software or technology company
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science with MBA preferred
- Experience using at least one data mining tool such as Business Objects. Ideal candidates will have experience writing custom logic and joining data sets together to achieve results.
- Experience working with international teams and projects and previous experience in programming, scripting, or writing database SQL code
- Able to concurrently utilize different tools (e.g. Business Objects, MS Excel, MS Access) and techniques to derive innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship-building skill and ability to drive projects and initiatives to closure
- Team player, effectively interacting with employees at all levels and across global regions
|Process Analyst, Data Analyst, Statistics, Data Mart, BAW, BI, BO |
Posted date: 01/31/13