At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
The Red Hat consulting services team is seeking a Platform Consultant to join us in Los Angeles, CA. Our consultants do more than just consult. They lead on-site delivery and implement great technology that delivers freedom, flexibility, choice, and superior performance. In this role, you'll gain an understanding of our customer's infrastructure and business issues, and make recommendations appropriate to their environment. This role is ideal for an infrastructure consultant who wants to build on their core base of knowledge and work in a fast-paced environment promoting Red Hat solutions.
- Be the subject matter expert at the client site, addressing the technical, development, or strategic IT needs
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of open source solutions
- Adapt with changing customer requirements
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
- 2+ years experience working with Linux and open source systems in a business environment
- Understanding of system management including installation, custom channels, deploying virtualized systems, basic client-based security, repositories, and creating core builds
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of basic RPMs, development, and deployment of a core profile
- Automation skills using basic Linux programming (C, Python, PHP, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Ability to create high-availability clusters, understand key issues when implementing cluster solutions for customers, and manage file system
- Knowledge of a variety of virtualization technologies, setting up virtual environments using host and guest, and migrating from physical to virtual environments
- Understanding of basic LDAP concepts and basic connectivity to Directory Server, NIS, AD, or other widely used authentication applications, security certificates
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.